Recipe by Kaluka Kaye
Crock Pot Cheese Dip from the Mid-West. Perfect for Football game days or potluck parties.
Top Review by gravit_013
OMG! This is the best Cheese Dip recipe ever! It is a great dip for those Sunday Football games! Also try it after a day or two in the fridge and it spices up wonderfully! Cheers Kaye!!!
- 2 lbs lite Velveeta cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb hot pork sausage
- 1 large white onion, Diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 jalapenos, Diced
- 1 (16 ounce) jarhot chunky salsa
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, Del Monte Zesty Chili Style (do not drain)
- 2 (15 ounce) bags tortilla chips, Bite Sized Tostitos
Directions See How It's Made
- Place velveeta in crock pot on high.
- Brown beef, sausage about half through. Try to keep meat in chunky sized pieces. Add onion, jalapeno, garlic and crushed red pepper. Drain grease when completely cooked.
- Add tomatoes and salsa and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes on low.
- Add mixture to crock pot and stir until cheese is melted.
- Cook in crockpot for 15 minutes on high.
- Reduce heat to low and serve with bite sized tostito chips.