Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A true comfort food from the south--at least it is in my family :)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups hungry jack buttermilk pancake mix
- 2⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 lb cheddar cheese or 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Combine all ingredients except the cheese; blend well.
- Stir in cheese.
- Pour into greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F until done, 20-30 minutes.
This was a very easy recipe and the results were just great! I made this in those tiny single serve loaf pans and cut the recipe in half. I used only half the amount of cheese and thought they were good. DH thought they could use more cheese, so I guess you should make the recipe as written. Made for PAC Spring 2012.