Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another good, hot, goes-with-anything bread.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Combine egg, milk and baking mix to a soft dough.
- Add 1/2 the cheese.
- Spread dough in a 8-inch round cake pan.
- Cover with remaining cheese and poppy seeds.
- Drizzle butter over all.
- Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes, or till knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut in wedges and serve hot.