1/3 Photos of Cheese Biscuits
Lovely cheesey biscuits -- perfect for a snack, with cheese and wine or for anytime you want munchies! Perfect in place of water crackers, or jatz biscuits. This recipe is from The Essential Baking Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients on a food processor and blatt for 60 seconds or so or until the mixture forms a ball.
- 2Alternatively you can use a beater until the mixture resembles crumbs if you don't have a food processor.
- 3Gently knead the mixture on a floured surface for about 2 minutes. Form the dough into a sausage shape about 3 cms in diameter and wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes. Remove and leave at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
- 4Preheat the oven to 180. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- 5Slice the dough into thin slices about 3mm thick, and place on trays allowing a little room for spreading. Bake the biscuits for 9-10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on trays.
- 6These biscuits are best eaten on the day of baking.
- 7Optional: Sprinkle a little salt on the biscuits after cutting and before baking.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.4
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 43.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g