Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great looking snack, tasty and is also suitable for a person with diabetes.
Make and share this Cheese and Spinach Triangles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (250 g) packet frozen chopped spinach
- 50 g reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 cup grated 25% reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic (in jar)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry
- cooking spray
- Pre heat oven 200c.
- To make filling: Defrost spinach and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. In a medium sized mixing bowl crumble feta, add spinach and all other ingredients except the filo pastry and cooking spray. Mix together well.
- To make triangles: Using one filo sheet at a time cut into 4 long strips, spray pastry with cooking spray. Place a tablespoon of mixture onto top corner of one strip then fold mixture over to the other side diagonally. Continue folding diagonally until you reach the end of the strip. Coat a large baking tray with cooking spray, place triangle on tray. Repeat this method until 24 triangles are made. Coat with cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serbe straight away as the pastry will soften when cooled.