Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Excellent! May be prepared a day ahead, and chilled. Just bake in the morning.
Make and share this Cheese And Sausage Breakfast Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Grease 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Place bread cubes in prepared dish.
- Top with sausage and cheese.
- Beat together eggs, milk, mustard and salt.
- Season with pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake casserole until puffed and center is set, about 50 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
This is so easy and delicious. I did not make ahead of time and it turned out perfect. I used skim milk with success. Will be making again!
This was very yummy!! I made a half portion as a trial for visitors arriving next week. I had viewed other recipes, that let the mixture sit overnight in the fridge so I did this as a time saver. Worked beautifully. I baked half portion for 40mins and it was puffed up and golden!! My little girls didn't 'love' it but a little ketchup helped. We ate it with spicy salsa and cleaned our plates!!! Easy to prepare and I liked being able to put in the fridge and save time in the am, especially when you have guests!
I threw this together this morning. It turned out great!! The spices made it excellent. We only had 1% milk and we still think that it was so rich and perfect. Thank you for sharing your recipe. We definately will be making this over the holidays!!!