Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From The Little Paris Kitchen.
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1 lb waxy potato
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 7 ounces lardons or 7 ounces cubes smoked bacon
- 4 ounces dry white wine
- 8 ounces reblochon cheese, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and brush a six-hole muffin tin with the soft butter.
- Peel the potatoes and use the julienne blade on a mandoline to make thin matchsticks (or slice by hand).
- Put the onion, garlic, bay leaf and lardons into a large non-stick frying pan and cook until the lardons are golden-brown. Add the wine and reduce until only a couple of tablespoons of liquid remain. Remove the bay leaf.
- Stir in the potato matchsticks and take off the heat, then stir in the Reblochon cubes.
- Divide the potato mix between the six holes in the muffin tin and bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden-brown and bubbling. Serve hot.