Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love to make these! Especially for parties and potlucks, but then I usually make this recipe times at least 3, they disappear FAST!
- Preheat oven to 375•.
- Wash mushrooms, remove stems, hollow out and brush inside and out with olive oil.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine cheeses and pesto,*reserving 1/4 cup parmesan cheese for later.
- Stuff the cheese-pesto mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Arrange the caps on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with the reserved parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and brownish.
- *Oryou can make lots of small ones if desired.
I served these with pesto tortellini and grilled salmon, as a side dish, rather than appetizer. They have a nice flavour and the ricotta makes them very creamy. I probably wouldn't hollow them out next time and just pile the stuffing on top, as they went very flat in the oven, which I assume was because of taking the whole stem and gills out. Thanks for sharing! :)
What a great side dish, appetizer, anytime dish. I didn't have ricotta and used whipped cottage cheese and greek yogurt instead.
Love the 'shrooms. I am a pesto lover and am always looking for new pesto recipes. I used portabello mushrooms. (as they are my favorite) I wasn't sure about the ricotta with everything else but it was perfect. I too added a little bit of sea salt. Will be making again for Christmas Eve.