Recipe by Wildflour
I love to make these! Especially for parties and potlucks, but then I usually make this recipe times at least 3, they disappear FAST!
Top Review by -Sylvie-
I served these with pesto tortellini and grilled salmon, as a side dish, rather than appetizer. They have a nice flavour and the ricotta makes them very creamy. I probably wouldn't hollow them out next time and just pile the stuffing on top, as they went very flat in the oven, which I assume was because of taking the whole stem and gills out. Thanks for sharing! :)
- 8 large fresh stuffing button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, more if needed
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons jarred basil pesto
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375•.
- Wash mushrooms, remove stems, hollow out and brush inside and out with olive oil.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine cheeses and pesto,*reserving 1/4 cup parmesan cheese for later.
- Stuff the cheese-pesto mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Arrange the caps on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with the reserved parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and brownish.
- *Oryou can make lots of small ones if desired.