1/1 Photo of Cheese and Lentil Loaf
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This comes from Sarah Brown's Vegetarian Kitchen. I first tried it at a friend's house for a luncheon party. Served with salad, french bread and homemade tomato sauce, it is absolutely delicious. It can be served hot or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5, 375 deg F (190 deg C).
- 2Pick over the lentils for any sticks and stones.
- 3Rinse thoroughly and cook in a tightly covered pan with the water for 10-15 minutes.
- 4Check after 10 minutes in case you need to add more water.
- 5The mixture should cook to a stiff puree.
- 6Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the grated cheese, chopped onion, parsley, cayenne pepper and lemon juice.
- 7Season to taste.
- 8In a separate bowl lightly beat the egg.
- 9Stir in the cream (to the egg).
- 10Pour this mixture over the lentils.
- 11Greas e 1 lb loaf tin with the teaspoon of butter and press in the mixture.
- 12Bake for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden brown and the mixture feels firm to the touch.
- 13Let it stand for 10 minutes in the tin before turning out.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Lentil Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.8
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.5 mg
- Sodium 143.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 13.8 g