Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
OH my! These are the BEST carrots in the world. My grandma makes these for every occasion. I usually end up hoarding the carrots for myself. haha. They are my FAVORITE! If your kids won't eat veggies, try this dish! I would suggest doubling the recipe, because they are so good! Can't get much easier than this!
- Peel carrots and cut in half crosswise.
- Cook in small amount of boiling salt water until carrots are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Do not overcook.
- Drain and place carrots in a greased baking dish.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over carrots.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, or broil until cheese melts.
Sorry to be a wet blanket but we didn't really care for these, even with using my garden carrots. I will keep searching for a carrot recipe I guess.
Awesome! Was a bit bewildered by the generic "cheese" as an ingredient. I went for mild - colbyjack...I was afraid of over-powering the sweet carrots. I love my sweet & savory dishes, but I was a little skeptical about the cheese. YUM! This recipe goes into my cookbook of "staple" recipes.
This was a really good recipe, especailly with my fresh garden Carrots. Thanks for another idea on how to use them!