Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The original recipe (from Oster) calls for cottage cheese, but I think I'll try it with ricotta, as that's usually what I have on hand.
- 3⁄8 cup water
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons dried chives or 1⁄2 cup fresh chives
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons dry active yeast
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Add ingredients to your bread machine as the directions instruct.
- Mine say to add liquid ingredients to bread pan.
- Add all dry ingredients except yeast to bread pan.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and carefully add yeast.
- Choose the "Sweet" bread setting.
- Choose crust color if applicable.
- Press Start!
Very simple and tasty recipe - I followed Annacia's suggestion and used a bit less flour (3 cups) and it turned out lovely. Very light and toasts beautifully. Thank you!
This is one of Hub's favorite recipes; he's made it so many times, for a wide variety of gatherings. We really enjoy it at home, too! It's always so moist and flavorful. We're about to make another batch today. Thanks for sharing!
Nice flavor and texture! I was looking for something different and this is it. Do use only 3 cups of flour; the 3-3/4 is way too much. I used oil instead of butter. In case you're curious, the cottage cheese just kinda disappears. Got 6 large rolls and a small (8x4) loaf of bread. Thanks, Karen, for posting . . . Janet