Prep 30 mins
Cook 32 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Holidays at Home
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and flour together; mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 cup crumb mixture; press remaining mixture into an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes; cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, and lemon juice until fluffy (1-2 minutes).
- Stir in cherries.
- Spread filling over cooled crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until the filling is set and top is lightly browned.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator.