Recipe by kzbhansen
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it's good.
Top Review by lauralie41
These potatoes are so good! I used the WalMart brand instant garlic potatoes and regular French's fried onions. Spread a layer of the onions on top of the potatoes and than a layer of cheddar cheese. When I served the potatoes there was a crunchy topping from the cheese melting on the onions. Great flavor with the added sour cream. Would make these agan! Thank you Karen for posting this recipe.....take care hon! Made and reviewed for kzbhansons's cookathon.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box instant roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups French's cheddar french fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Make potatoes as directed on the package for 2 pouches (8 servings).
- Stir in sour cream and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Heat through.
- Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the french fried onions.
- Bake 10 minutes until hot and golden.