Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it's good.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box instant roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups French's cheddar french fried onions
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Make potatoes as directed on the package for 2 pouches (8 servings).
- Stir in sour cream and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Heat through.
- Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the french fried onions.
- Bake 10 minutes until hot and golden.
These potatoes are so good! I used the WalMart brand instant garlic potatoes and regular French's fried onions. Spread a layer of the onions on top of the potatoes and than a layer of cheddar cheese. When I served the potatoes there was a crunchy topping from the cheese melting on the onions. Great flavor with the added sour cream. Would make these agan! Thank you Karen for posting this recipe.....take care hon! Made and reviewed for kzbhansons's cookathon.
So easy to make! I did not have any garlic instant potatoes, so I used regular ones and added in some roasted garlic that I keep handy in my freezer, didn't have any onion rings so I just topped it with cheddar cheese, my DH enjoyed this for a late lunch served with a pork chop! thank you KZB!...Kitten:)