Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A favorite casserole of my family. Freezes well too.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely crushed butter flavored crackers (about 60 crackers)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a saucepan, bring the broth, water and onion to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add rice.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Divide rice between two greased 9-in. square baking pans.
- Sprinkle each with corn and turkey.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, milk and salt until smooth and pour over turkey.
- Toss the cracker crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the top.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Bake the second casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through.
Perfect hearty dish! I only had one can of cheese soup so used a can of cream of celery as well, turned out very good! I topped the casserole with about a cup of cheese for the last 5 minutes. Can't wait to see if it's as good out of the freezer!