Recipe by Oolala
Uses 2 cups of cooked white rice. It's from Traditions by the Oak Knoll School of the Holy Child, submitted by Theresa Patterson. If you double this recipe, double the cooking time too. I haven't made this yet but it sounds like a quick and easy recipe that kids would like too.
Top Review by NewEnglandCook
Really easy & yummy recipe. <br/>I amended the recipe and added some marinated roasted red peppers, as well as some parm cheese, black pepper and a bit less milk. <br/>I also topped it with some smoked paprika and some french fried onions for some crunch. <br/>Great recipe and a keeper. Thanks Oolala.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk, hot
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 eggs
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the butter, cheese and milk.
- Add the cooked rice, salt, and mustard.
- Beat eggs slightly and add to the mixture.
- Stir and pour into a greased, shallow, 9 inch X 9 inch or 7 inch X 11 inch casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top lightly with paprika, if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top.