Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a variation of a potato cake recipe I've made for years. These cakes are not as stiff as regular potato cakes so I make the portions a little smaller when I cook them.
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (leftovers)
- 1⁄4 onions, minced or 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (I use 50% less fat version)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place spoonfuls of potato mixture in greased fry pan.
- Cook on medium/medium high heat for approximately 5 minutes or until bottom of cakes are golden brown.
- Flip, mash down with spatula and cook for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.