Sweet Potato Cakes
Found in Garlic Cookbook from the library.
- Ready In:
- 3 cloves garlic in honey ($notetemplate1$)
- 18 ounces sweet potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- Peel and cut up sweet potato. Soak in water for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, place sweet potato and water just to cover. Cook until sweet potato is tender. Mash while hot.
- Grate 2 cloves of garlic. Slice 1 clove thinly.
- In a bowl, combine mashed sweet potato, grated garlic, soy sauce and egg. Form into thick rounds and push a slice of garlic into each center.
- Melt butter in a skillet and saute until both sides are browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is really good (though I don't think I will worry about the egg next time - I think it made it a little too sloppy but the I did as a mash and did not fry off as potato cakes but will try that at a later day). I made the full 6 serving size but the 3 of us gobbled it up (would suggest that a 4 serving size is more appropriate if you are having other sides and meat as you main). d<br/>Definately worth while making recipe #443118 (Garlic in Honey - that in itself is fantastic), a very enjoyable sweet potatoe side, thank you nemokitty, made for Make My Recipe - Summer Edition.Reply