Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cheddar cheese and basil makes these home-baked pan biscuits a tasty supper accompaniment.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 400°F Melt butter in 8-inch square baking pan in oven (3 to 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients except milk in medium bowl.
- Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth (1 minute).
- Pat or roll dough into 12x6-inch rectangle.
- Cut into 12 (1-inch) strips.
- Dip each strip into melted butter in pan; fold each strip in half.
- Place folded strips in 2 rows in same pan.
- Bake for 23 to 28 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
Tried them again and this time I used plum tomatoes, fresh garlic and added some parmesan cheese. Thank you again. They were amazing.
I have made this recipe at least 100 times. It is delicious and fast. Everybody always loves it. It was from a Land O Lakes cookbook. (all the recipes from that cookbook are fantastic)
These were pretty tasty. Thanks for sharing. Next time I will try adding a different herb instead of basil.