Recipe by Cookin'withGas
ahhh....comfort food! Nothing else quite like it! Serve this tasty yet heart healthier meatloaf with baked potato and a tossed green salad!
- 2 lbs ground turkey breast or 2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs, Italian preferred
- 1 (4 ounce) package low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (spicy factor, your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the ground turkey breast, bread crumbs, celery, onion, salt, pepper, 2/3 CUP of the cheddar cheese, 1/2 CUP of the BBQ sauce and the egg.
- Shape into a round loaf in an ungreased shallow baking pan; Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Brush the meatloaf with the remaining 1/4 CUP of the BBQ sauce.
- Bake 15 more minutes; Remove from oven and top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Let the loaf 'settle' and the cheese melt before serving.