Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from www.hpj.com. Joanne Good, Edina, MO
Top Review by simplesundays
Kids loved it. I used 98% FF cream of mushroom and skim milk and this turned out fine. The recipe doesn't say what size casserole dish to use. I used a 3 qt deep dish, but a 9x13 pan (or similar) might work better; potatoes were still very firm after 2 hrs.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups potatoes, sliced
- 1 quart green beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix meat, 3/4 cup cheese, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup milk, onion and egg.
- Shape into small balls.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Layer half of potatoes, half of beans. Sprinkle with flour mixture and remaining cheese and then put remaining potatoes and beans on top.
- Mix soup and milk and pour over vegetables. Top with meatballs.
- Bake at 300°F for 2 hours or longer.