- 2 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled,cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- 2 -4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2-1 cup whole milk, heated
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in salted water to cover for 15 for 25 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- Drain, return to pan, dry 1 minute.
- Press potatoes through a ricer or whip with a mixer at slow to medium speed, adding the cheese, butter, milk, and mustard.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste.