1/1 Photo of Cheddar Cheese Bread
2 hrs 35 mins
This bread is good fresh or lightly toasted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- 5 -6 cups bread flour
- 1Spray two 8 by 4 inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Whisk the water and yeast togetherby hand in the bowl of an electric mixer and let stand for 3 minutes to dissolve yeast.
- 3Stir in the eggs, butter, salt, sugar, cheese and 5 cups of the flour.
- 4Mix to make a soft mass.
- 5Knead with the dough hook on the lowest speed for 8 to 10 minutes, gradually adding more flour as required to make a soft dough.
- 6Turn out onto lightly floured surface.
- 7Shape into a ball and place into a lightly greased bowl.
- 8Cover bowl loosely with a plastic bag and set aside to rise for 45 minutes or until doubled.
- 9REmove from fridge and gently punch down.
- 10Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and divide in half.
- 11Using a rolling pin roll each half into an oval.
- 12Sprinkle each oval with black pepper and paprika.
- 13Dot each with half of the cheese altoghether, reserving half for later.
- 14Roll up jelly roll style and place in prepared pans.
- 15Slash the top of each loaf with a sharp knife.
- 16Spray tops with nonstick cooking spray.
- 17Dust with flour lightly.
- 18Cover loosely again with a plastic bag and let rise for about 40 minutes longer until it puffs up 1 inch above pan rims.
- 19Preheat oven to 375*F.
- 20Place pans on prepared baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes until browned.
- 21Sprinkle with the reserved cheese and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese melts.
- 22Let cool in pans at least 15 minutes before unmolding.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1921.6
- Calories from Fat 621
- Total Fat 69.0 g
- Saturated Fat 40.5 g
- Cholesterol 391.2 mg
- Sodium 3857.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 249.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 71.5 g