Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is good, my kids have always like this
Make and share this Cheddar Broccoli Corn Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed down to 1 Cup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli spears, thawed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt 2 T. butter in a large saucepan on low.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Add milk gradually, stirring until smooth. Increase heat to medium and cook until bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Stir in 1/4 cup corn flakes and corn and remove from heat.
- Arrange the broccoli in a 12 X 7 X 2 glass baking dish. (I have used a 9 x 13 and its fine).
- Pour the cheese sauce over broccoli.
- Melt remaining butter in small saucepan. Stir in remaining corn flakes.
- Sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Corn and Broccoli are my 2 sons favorite vegetables, so I thought this would be the perfect dish. I have never topped a casserole with corn flakes, so this was a first for me. I didn't have broccoli spears, but the florets worked better for my 3 year old, and was still a pretty dish. I used a colby-jack cheese, and it was delicious. I can't wait to try it again with cheddar, and other cheeses as well. My 6 year old didn't care for the corn flakes, so I might make it with crushed Ritz crackers next time. But there will definately be a next time. Thanks for posting such a kid friendly casserole that adults enjoy as well!