Recipe by MarieRynr
Form this cheese and bacon mixture into either a log or a ball for an easy appetizer during the holidays.
Top Review by cfletcher
Outstanding, MarieAlice! I just made this and naturally had to taste it (a cracker just jumped into my hand!), and it was so full of flavour. I didn't have any green onions so just used regular onions and added 2 tbsp. of finely chopped celery. Didn't use the pecans either (personal preferance).But none of this mattered. All I can say is if it tastes this good now....I can't wait for later when I take it to a birthday party! Thanks so much for this keeper. I'll make this one often!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled crisply cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce in large bowl on medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth (1 to 2 minutes).
- Stir in cheese, bacon and green onions by hand.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Form cheese mixture into log shape or cheese ball; roll in pecans to coat.
- Wrap in plastic food wrap; refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve with crackers.