1/1 Photo of Chayote, Corn & Tomato Salad
Colorful, interesting side dish on a buffet table or as an addition to any meal. Chayotes are widely used as a vegetab le in Mexico
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium chayotes, cut in quarters,pit removed,and steamed 20 minutes or until not quite temder (3/4 lb)
- 1 (540 ml) can whole kernel corn
- 6 medium roma tomatoes, peeled,seeded and cut in 1/2 inch cubes (apprx 1 lb)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1After steaming the chayote, cool, peel and cut into 1/2" cubes.
- 2Combine the chayote, corn, tomatoes& green onions.
- 3In your blender or food processor blend together the lime juice, salt& red pepper flakes.
- 4Slowly pour in the olive oil with the blender on.
- 5Toss the dressing with the salad, sprinkle with the parsley flakes Chill and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chayote, Corn & Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.2
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 206.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g