Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is best made with corn charred on the grill.....but if you don't have one or the weather isn't cooperating, you can use a cast-iron skillet. Simply cut the kernels from the cob and char with 1 tbsp olive oil in the skillet on the stove top. From Bon Appetit.
- Build a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high.
- Rub the corn with 1 tbsp oil. Grill, turning frequently, until the corn is charred and heated through, 10-12 minutes. Remove from the grill; when cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cob and transfer to a large bowl.
- Place the sliced onion in a strainer and rinse with cold water to mellow its flavor. Drain well.
- Mix the onion, remaining 5 tbsp olive oil, tomatoes, basil, lime juice, and thyme into the corn. Season with salt and pepper. Add more lime juice if desired.
- Can be made 1 hour ahead, but serve at room temperature.