Recipe by Charmie777
Ok, this might sound weird, but trust me, it's delicious!! Everyone raves over this meatloaf, and it really is the topping that makes it!
Top Review by SSX
How DARE I forget to rate this recipe!!! It's been years since I first used this recipe to make meatloaf. Oh my goodness, this is THE best meatloaf with pineapple topping recipe EVER! I first had meatloaf with pineapple topping at a casino buffet and it was so good when I got home I was determined to find a replica recipe. This recipe is it!!! I will always use this recipe, whether or not I use the pineapple topping as it's easy to omit the pineapple topping and just throw on ketchup for those who think pineapple topping is strange. But trust me, the pineapple topping makes the meatloaf to die for!!! The recipe is perfection at its finest; no need for changes. Thank you, Charmie!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup crushed Ritz cracker
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meatloaf ingredients.
- In ungreased 13x9 pan, form mixture into 9x4 loaf.
- Bake at 350º for 45 minutes.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until boils and thickens,stirring frequently.
- Spread on top of loaf; bake 15-20 minutes more.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.