Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ok, this might sound weird, but trust me, it's delicious!! Everyone raves over this meatloaf, and it really is the topping that makes it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup crushed Ritz cracker
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Combine meatloaf ingredients.
- In ungreased 13x9 pan, form mixture into 9x4 loaf.
- Bake at 350º for 45 minutes.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until boils and thickens,stirring frequently.
- Spread on top of loaf; bake 15-20 minutes more.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
How DARE I forget to rate this recipe!!! It's been years since I first used this recipe to make meatloaf. Oh my goodness, this is THE best meatloaf with pineapple topping recipe EVER! I first had meatloaf with pineapple topping at a casino buffet and it was so good when I got home I was determined to find a replica recipe. This recipe is it!!! I will always use this recipe, whether or not I use the pineapple topping as it's easy to omit the pineapple topping and just throw on ketchup for those who think pineapple topping is strange. But trust me, the pineapple topping makes the meatloaf to die for!!! The recipe is perfection at its finest; no need for changes. Thank you, Charmie!
Great recipe!! I cooked the onions before and added some fresh garlic (which i also cooked) but otherwise followed the recipe to the letter. The texture was perfect!! Will definitely make again! This would also be a great meatball recipe. Double the sauce and serve over rice. Thanks!
I really love good meatloaf, and this version is very delicious. Next time I will cook the onions before adding them into the mix. (just my preference). The basic meatloaf recipe (without the topping) is probably the best I've ever tasted. The pineapple topping is a wonderful new twist for meatloaf, which I will add to my favorites. Thank you!!