Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This popular island favorite is good as a snack or great addition to other dishes as garnish.
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry red wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 green onion (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
- Trim and discard fat from tenderloin.
- Combine all other ingredients except for the onion curls.
- Add pork, turning to coat. Cover and let stand at room temperature for an hour or refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain pork, reserving marinade.
- Place pork on wire rack over baking pan.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees F. until done (about 45 minutes). Turn and baste frequently.
- Remove pork from oven and cool.
- Cut into diagonal slices and serve.
I think this is the same as a recipe I have, except it's 1/2 tablespoon honey. Everything else is the same. It is really good. Also left overs go great cut into matchsticks in wonton soup or cut up in pork fried rice. The red ends are very appealing to the eye.