Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Club of America. This sounds just sinful and decadent!!
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups Brut champagne
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; keep at a low simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the oil and the butter until melted.
- Add onion; cook until softened.
- Add rice and stir to coat; cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and salt.
- Add 1 cup of the champagne; simmer until champagne is almost completely absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Add 1/2 cup of the hot broth and cook until all liquid has been absorbed, stirring constantly. Adjust heat as necessary to keep rice mixture simmering.
- Continue to add champagne and broth 1/4 cup at a time - waiting until liquid is almost completely absorbed before adding more - cookiing and stirring constantly until rice is tneder with a slight firmness to the center.
- Stir in cheese and pepper.