Recipe by Lorianne1
Have not tried this yet but, I plan on it soon.
Top Review by Shannon Cooks
This was really good! Very decadent and fulfilling. I used veggie broth to make this. (vegetarian here) I did reduce the champagne by 1 cup, adding an extra cup of light broth instead. I am glad that I did not use the full 4 cups of bubbly called for as it would have overpowered the dish. I would definitely make this again. It is an impressive dish. We certainly enjoyed it.
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups stock
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups dry champagne
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broth in medium saucepan.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in large saucepan. When butter foams, add onion and saute until pale yellow.
- Add rice and mix well.
- When rice is coated with butter, add 1 to 2 ladles of broth, or enough to cover rice.
- Stir over medium heat until broth has been absorbed. Continue cooking and stirring rice, adding broth a little at a time over 10 minutes.
- During remaining 10 minutes of cooking, add champagne, 1 cup at a time and stirring until absorbed.
- Rice is done when it is tender but firm to the bite.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and remaining butter. Season with salt.
- Place in a warm dish and serve immediately with remaining parmesan cheese.