- 4 cups water
- 9 cups strawberries (frozen can be used)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup champagne (or sparkling wine)
- 6 mint leaves, plus more, for garnish
- lime sorbet (yogurt or vanilla ice cream may be substituted) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring water, strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and Champagne to a boil.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes, then add mint leaves. Let cool to room temperature.
- Blend together with an immersion blender or in a standing blender, then strain through a sieve. Chill in the refrigerator, covered, for 3 hours.
- Serve in soup bowls with a scoop of ice cream, sorbet, or plain/vanilla/lemon yogurt. Or just plain! Garnish with mint leaves.