Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
From Ball website (www.freshpreserving.com).
- 3 cups raspberry juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package pectin
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups champagne
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- Combine raspberry juice and lemon juice in a large saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Add sugar and return to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, stirring constantly. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in champagne. Skim off foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot into hot jars leaving 1 /4 inch. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until it's fingertip tight.
- Process in a boiling boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lids should not flex up and down when center is pressed.