Champagne Jelly (Jello)
- Ready In:
- 60 ml water (1/4 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons gelatin (powder)
- 750 ml sparkling white wine (lo calorie)
- 60 g caster sugar (1/4 cup or granulated sugar substitute)
- 200 g grapes (red seedless halved)
- 8 passion fruit (halved pulp removed)
- Put water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine powder over, stir, set aside for 5 minutes.
- Put the wine and sugar in a medium saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the sugar is dissolved and then add the gelatine mix and then stir until the gelatine dissolves.
- Pour into a heatproof jug and set aside for 15 minutes to cool and put in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Pour mixture into glasses and put in the fridge for 6 hours or until jelly/jello is set.
- Combine the grapes and passionfruit pulp and divide between the glasses and serve.
- NOTE - for a alcohol free version, replace the sparkling wine with alcohol removed sparkling white wine (we can get that in our supermarkets here in Australia).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.