Recipe by SilentCricket
From the southern Pacific island of Guam where we lived for 4 years! These were a favorite at our church potluck suppers and picnics with barbequed chicken and ribs! Very refreshing in hot and humid weather! (The name "Chamorro" comes from the native people of Guam...very warm, and friendly people...)
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This was very easy to prepare and tasted great. If you are tired of the same old cucumber salad, this is a nice change of pace. I love most cucumber salads, so when I saw this, I had to give it a try and I am glad I did. Thank you for sharing this tasty and unique recipe.
- 2 -3 medium cucumbers
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onions or 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 lemons, juice of or 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Pare the cucumbers and leave narrow strips of skin for color.
- Slice into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a zip-lock plastic bag, combine onions, pepper, soy sauce, lemon juice, and water.
- Add cucumber slices.
- Seal bag securely.
- Turn bag over and over to coat cucumbers.
- Place bag in refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- A longer time will enhance flavor.
- Serve in bowl.