Recipe by Manami
My dear friend Judy, who has done this before, has had me search the web to find a fantastic dessert for her to serve at very large dinner party she is going to have. It had to be Godiva, white chocolate or/& dark chocolate, and above all DECADENT! There is a but, I have to go over and help her bake it too! This is just one of the few I found, and I can't wait!
- 12 ounces frozen berries (blackberry "and or" raspberries)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1⁄2 cup Chambord raspberry liquor
- 1 (2 1/2 teaspoon) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM
- 1 1⁄2 ounces godiva ivory chocolate, chopped
- heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh raspberry
- fresh tarragon or mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- MAKE GELEE:.
- Place the berries, sugar and 1/2 cup water in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Using a small paring knife, split vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape seeds from one-half the bean into pan.
- Heat over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Strain berries through a fine mesh sieve, pressing firmly to extract all of the juice(there should be about 1 cup of liquid. If you have less, add more water to the berries.).
- Cook for another 5 minutes, then strain again.
- Place 1/3 cup water and Chambord in a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over the mixture. Let stand for 1 minute or until softened.
- Stir into the hot berry juice. Whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved. (There should be about 2 cups of liquid).
- Place about 5 raspberries into each of four (5 to 6 oz) wine, champagne, or large cordial glasses.
- Divide juice mixture among glasses.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM:.
- Place chocolate and 2 tablespoons heavy cream in microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until chilled.
- Beat 1/4 cup heavy cream with sugar in a chilled bowl using a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of this mixture into cooled white chocolate. Fold in remaining cream.
- To serve, divide the white chocolate cream among the glasses.
- Garnish with raspberries, fresh tarragon and/or mint sprigs.