- 6 egg yolks
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml chai tea concentrate
- 946.36 ml half-and-half cream
- 118.29 ml carob chips, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat yolks and sugar for about 3 minutes until thick and pale.
- Add tea and stir.
- Heat cream in a large heavy saucepan on medium for about 10 minutes until very hot and bubbles apper on edge of saucepan.
- Slowly add tea mixture, stirring constantly.
- Heat and stir for about 8 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Transfer to a bowl and let stand 30 minutes.
- Chill, uncovered, for at least 3 hours.
- Spread in a 9"x9" pan and freeze.
- Stir every hour for 4 hours; freeze until firm.
- Serve with carob chips sprinkled over top.