Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A traditional beef stew from Chad, posted for ZWT7
Make and share this Chadian Peanut Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Coat the beef cubes with flour. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add beef, nutmeg and chili powder. Brown the beef on all sides.
- Add the onions, garlic, tomato paste, salt and water. Mix well.
- Bring the stew to a boil over high heat, lower the temperature and simmer until the meat is tender and the sauce reduced, 1-2 hours.
- Half an hour before serving, put the peanut butter and 2 tablespoons of oil in a small pot.
- Mix and heat over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter to the beef, a little bit at a time, mixing as you do that. Simmer on low heat for 20 more minutes. Serve over rice.