Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this recipe to make one small Top Sirloin Steak feed 6 people. Not only was this good, but several people went back for seconds, and one even made a complete pig of himself and had thirds. This is my own developed recipe, and I am still rather new at doing this (can follow a recipe, but haven't developed one and posted it yet) So I hope you enjoy this and if by chance you find a problem with it, or think it can be improved please be sure to post it in your review. All help you might add to this recipe will be appreciated.
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top sirloin steaks, trim fat and sliced very thin
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped to bite sized pieces (can use frozen)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 spring onions, chop tops only
- Make this first by adding all ingredients into bowl and whisk togeather, cover and refrigerate.
- Stir Fry:.
- Slice trimmed steak thinly. Pour 1/2 of the marinade over steak and toss thoroughly to make sure it is well covered with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 4 - 6 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- In very hot skillet or wok over high heat, add 1-2 tbls extra virgin olive oil, brown meat and onion in this about 5 minutes or until onion is cooked but not carmelized. Pour remaining marinade from the meat over the meat cook additional 5-10 minutes until marinade is cooked down to half way gone. Add brocolli and toss to cover all with the marinade . Turn burner down to medium and cook approximately 5 more minutes stirring often (this could be less if using frozen brocolli) until brocolli is warmed through but still kind of crispy. Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and stir into remaining pan to thicken sauce.
- Using reserved marinade in small to medium saucepan over medium to low heat. While this is heating, mix remaining cornstarch with water. Drizzle cornstarch mixture slowly into heated marinade and stir until it reaches desired thickness.
- Plate meat and brocolli mixture over rice, drizzle sauce over all sprinkle spring onion tops over the top.
- To Marinade try using 1/3 cup brown sugar instead of honey for sweeter flavor. Add dried chilis to marinade for a more savory flavor, or add ginger. Or do all of the above.