Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in an old copy of Consuming Passions I bought in a thrift shop. I don’t plan to keep the book, so am storing this recipe here so I can make it soon.
- 4 large duck breasts
- 100 ml light soy sauce
- 100 ml hoisin sauce
- 50 ml oyster sauce
- 50 ml honey
- 50 ml rice wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons five-spice powder
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl, trim the duck breasts and add to the bowl. Marinate over night.
- Sear the duck breasts in a hot non-stick pan over high heat (taking care not to burn the marinade).
- Place the duck breasts in a baking dish and roast in a pre-heated oven at 205c or until medium rare (about 8 minutes).
- Allow the duck to stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Very good! I made Duck for me & chicken for my dh. I reduced the amount & converted it - 4 tablespoons each of the soy sauce & hoisin sauce. 2 tablespoons each of oyster sauce, honey & rice wine vinegar. I also boiled the leftover marinade to make a sauce. We enjoyed this very much. Thanks for sharing!
This was excellent!!! I absolutely love the marinade it is a perfect marinade for duck. I crisped the skin up real good and I loved the tender meat of the duck with super crispy skin. I boiled the leftover marinade, added a little extra hoisin sauce and served it on the side as a dipping sauce it was soooo good. I served over stir-fried veg which was perfect. This will definitely become one of my favourite ways to make duck. Thanks Jan for a super recipe