Recipe by Wendy H.
Mixed seafood ceviche - another Peruvian classic. Mix and match seafood as desired. Prep and cooking times are estimated since I haven't made this yet. From The Art of Peruvian Cuisine by Tony Custer.
- 7 ounces octopus, cooked
- shrimp, tails blanched
- 7 ounces scallops
- 1 red onion, sliced very fine
- 1⁄2 red aji limo chile, minced
- 1⁄2 yellow aji limo chile, minced
- 16 key limes, juice of
- 2 sweet potatoes, boiled (camote variety, if you can get it)
- 1 large fresh ear corn on the cob, cooked and cut into rounds (choclo variety, if you can get it)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut octopus into bite-size pieces. Leave whole if using baby octopus.
- Cut squid into small rings.
- Mix seafood with onion in large bowl. Wash and drain thoroughly.
- Season mixture with salt and aji limo chiles.
- Toss preparation quickly in lime juice. Refresh with ice cubes, mixing well. Remove ice immediately before it has a chance to melt.
- Serve on bed of lettuce with sweet potato (camote, if you can get it) and boiled corn rounds (choclo, if you can get it).