1 hr 30 mins
This makes a delicious luncheon entree. My husband goes trout fishing quite a lot so we always have trout in the freezer. You can substitute any firm, white fish. The lime juice cooks the fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put fish in a glass or earthenware bowl (not metal).
- 2Pour lime juice over the fish.
- 3Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- 4Drain fish.
- 5Add next 4 ingredients; stir to combine.
- 6Season with oregano, salt, and pepper to taste.
- 7Cut avocados in half lengthwise; remove seed.
- 8Scoop out some of the avocado pulp to form a deeper shell.
- 9Chop pulp and add to the fish mixture.
- 10Fill avocado shells with fish mixture and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ceviche in Avocado Shells
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.6
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 50.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 18.6 g