Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes a delicious luncheon entree. My husband goes trout fishing quite a lot so we always have trout in the freezer. You can substitute any firm, white fish. The lime juice cooks the fish.
- Put fish in a glass or earthenware bowl (not metal).
- Pour lime juice over the fish.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Drain fish.
- Add next 4 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Season with oregano, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise; remove seed.
- Scoop out some of the avocado pulp to form a deeper shell.
- Chop pulp and add to the fish mixture.
- Fill avocado shells with fish mixture and serve.