Recipe by Gluten Free Berry's
This is a recipe I have adapted from CDkitchen "Gluten-Free Granola Bars Recipe". This has become a staple in our house! We make 2 batches of these a week, wrap them in parchment paper and seal them in an air tight glass container. Note: If you are gluten intolerant, you need to make sure that the rice and corn cereals you choose are gluten free. Some rice and corn cereals contain malt which is derived from barely. We use Nature's Path Rice cereal and Honey Sweetened Corn Flakes.
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 828.06-946.36 ml marshmallows
- 709.77 ml corn flakes (crushed)
- 473.18 ml crispy rice cereal
- 236.59 ml cranberries (or Raisins)
- 118.29 ml unsweetened coconut
- 118.29 ml pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds)
- 118.29 ml sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together corn flakes, rice cereal, sesame seed, pumpkin seeds, cranberries and coconut in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter over low heat
- Stir in marshmallows and continue to stir until all of the marshmallows are melted (watch the heat as you do not want to burn the mixture).
- When the mixture is smooth, add it to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is coated.
- Line 9 x 13 sheet with parchment paper (or butter).
- Spread the mixture evenly on the parchment paper with your hands.
- Allow to cool for about 1 hour.
- Cut into bars and store in an airtight container.