If you haven't tried Celery root try it. It looks very ugly unpeeled but when undressed look 100% better. It has the flavor of celery and can be used in so many ways.
- 3 cups cooked peeled & diced celeriac
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 cup English cucumber, washed unpeeled & sliced (long cuke)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream (use lite if you wish and adjust the amount to suit your taste)
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- 1 slice red pepper (optional)
- 1 slice green sweet pepper (optional)
- Place celery root& cucumbers in a salad bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients (start off slow with the sour cream you can always add more) Mix well and pour over the celery root& cukes.
- Chill well.
- Serve on a bed of greens and if you wish garnish with strips of red& green sweet pepper.
This was AWESOME. I love the combination of the mustard and sour cream (or, Greek yogurt as I used). I did not have the peppers on hand, so did not use, but it was a wonderful experience that I will recreate any time I get my hands on celeriac! Thanks!!