1/3 Photos of Celeriac Salad (Celery Root)
If you haven't tried Celery root try it. It looks very ugly unpeeled but when undressed look 100% better. It has the flavor of celery and can be used in so many ways.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked peeled & diced celeriac
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 cup English cucumber, washed unpeeled & sliced (long cuke)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (use lite if you wish and adjust the amount to suit your taste)
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- 1 slice red pepper (optional)
- 1 slice green sweet pepper (optional)
- 1Place celery root& cucumbers in a salad bowl.
- 2Mix remaining ingredients (start off slow with the sour cream you can always add more) Mix well and pour over the celery root& cukes.
- 3Chill well.
- 4Serve on a bed of greens and if you wish garnish with strips of red& green sweet pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celeriac Salad (Celery Root)
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.0
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 108.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar