Recipe by annconnolly
I love salmon and have always grilled it and served it with hollandaise sauce. Now since the cedar plank is so popular of course I had to try it. I'm very happy with the result.
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak cedar planks in water for 4 to 6 hours. (This is essential to make sure planks do not catch fire, so don't skimp on this step)
- Preheat grill to high.
- Season the soaked planks with salt and pepper and place on the grill for 3 to 5 minutes with lid closed. They will begin to crackle and smoke.
- Place salmon fillets carefully on cooking planks, skin side of the fish on the plank. Close the lid and bake the fillets for 12-15 minutes. Check periodically to make sure cooking planks have not caught fire.
- Have a spray bottle of water on hand to spritz planks in case they do, but it is much less likely to happen if they have been well soaked beforehand.
- Remove cooking planks from grill and squeeze lemon juice over salmon fillets and top off with your favorite Hollandaise recipe or mix (I use Knorr and add dill weed).