Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 hrs 30 mins
- 2 lbs dried large lima beans
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons Coleman's dry mustard
- 1 cup vinegar
- Cook the lima beans 1 to 1 1/2 hours in salted liquid and reserve liquid.
- Cut up the bacon.
- Add brown sugar, tomato puree, dried mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add all ingredients to a flat roasting pan uncovered and bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours, making sure beans are covered with reserved liquid for 2 hours and let cook dry the 3rd hour.