- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed, crushed lightly
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups chopped red swiss chard leaves, washed well and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4-quart heavy saucepan cook onion and caraway seeds in oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until onion is softened.
- Add broth and water and bring to a boil. Stir in cauliflower and orzo and simmer, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and Swiss chard and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Season soup with salt and pepper. Soup may be made 3 days ahead, cooled, uncovered, and chilled, covered.