Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very delicious cauliflower salad. This recipe came from my mother-in-law and I like to take it to gatherings to get all the compliments! Be ready to give out the recipe.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup radish, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing, original
- Mix cauliflower, green onions, radishes, and sesame seeds.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayo, and ranch dressing.
- Pour over cauliflower and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Note: This makes a lot of dressing.
- If you do not like your salads to be runny, buy two small heads of cauliflower or one really large one.
- Or cut back on the sour cream, mayo, and ranch dressing.
This really is delicious. I took note of the author's remark that it makes a lot of dressing so I halved the dressing amount to use with my medium head of cauliflower. It was still too much and though tasty, it was kind of 'one note' of ranch dressing. I had the thought that I could have just served the ingredients with a bowl of dressing and not gone to the trouble of mixing them. Having said that, I can see that this would be a really good dish for a potluck so that people could just scoop the salad onto their plates without bothering with the veggies and dip. Also, I love sesame seeds but they got lost in the dressing and I couldn't really taste them. I'd make this again and use about 1/4 the amount of dressing and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Thanks Shena!
I cut this recipe in half. I only had a smallish head of cauliflower. It was pretty tasty but we thought the sour cream overpowered the dressing a little bit. I will cut it back a bit next time