Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this great recipe in WebMD magazine. I fixed it tonight.........we like it very much!! I did use Asiago cheese rather than the Parmesan cheese called for. This is very low in calories.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and red pepper. Saute' 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Cover and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and broccoli. Cook an additional 3 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Drain well.
- Combine the pasta mixture and the red pepper/mustard sauce mixture. Toss well. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve.
A nice lo-cal alternative to a cheese sauce. I've made this both with and without pasta. It works great as either a main course or side dish.