Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Swiss recipe with an Italian accent.
- 5 cups stock or 5 cups broth
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces arborio rice
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 18 ounces cauliflower florets
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Bring the stock to a boil.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Sauté them with the bacon bits in the hot oil.
- Add the rice and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until lightly colored.
- Add the white wine. Once the liquid is absorbed, add the stock a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Cook cauliflower for 10 minutes, add to the risotto and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Stir in cheese. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.